I have a shortcut button to my blog, right on the toolbar of my Chrome Browser. It doesn’t do much….just sits there….and stares me down…reminding me that I need to write…and I tell myself I’ll get right to it…then I close the browser…and forget about it.
1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger. 2) Share 11 facts about yourself. 3) Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. 4) List 11 bloggers. 5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
And so Ms. Jackson, challenge accepted!
Eleven Facts About Myself
- I’m addicted to technology. Seriously….I think I need an intervention! I can’t remember the last day I didn’t check my Twitter, post something to Google+, read my news feed, or yell “OK Google” into my phone!
- I’m a big Texas Rangers fan!
- I have pretty smart kids! My youngest is a creator…he builds, designs, creates, invents, produces, and experiments! My oldest is a learner and a writer…he blows me away with his wealth of knowledge, specifically sports trivia. He writes a blog for NFLRush, and he’s a lot more dedicated than I am!
- My wife is also pretty smart! She’s a great teacher, and she’s passionate about doing what’s best for kids!
- Here’s something you probably don’t know about me….I originally went to school to become a priest! I learned pretty quickly that my calling was in teaching and serving others through education.
- I secretly wish that someone had convinced me to go into computer programming after high school. Who knew you could make a few bucks doing something like that in the ’80s?
- I love to try new foods. I’m definitely not an “I’ll have the usual” kind of guy!
- I enjoy running, but can never seem to find the time!
- Android or iPhone? Definitely Android!
- I’m blessed with an amazing job, loving family, supportive friends, sufficient finances, and vibrant health.
- I’m a big fan of taking risks! If there’s a chance it might not work, but also a chance it’ll change the world….I’m in!
My Answers to Carrie’s Awesome Questions
- Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging as a way to share my experiences as a first year administrator with my family, friends, and colleagues.
- What is your favorite post of your own? Why?
- My favorite post is titled, “How Can I Help.” This post sums up my leadership philosophy perfectly.
- What is/was your favorite holiday activity?
- My favorite holiday activity is putting our home video together during the Christmas break. We spend New Years Day watching videos from the previous years, then we watch the last year’s video New Years night. The kids grow up fast!
- Share your favorite sports team.
- Texas Rangers…I’m a big fan!
- In what activities did you participate in high school?
- I was a band geek! I also participated in Theater, Speech and Debate, and Student Council. Yep….I was pretty nerdy! But I wouldn’t change a thing!
- What makes you look forward to each day?
- My goal is to make someone’s day…every day!
- What is your personal theme song?
- If you were a part of the pizza, would you prefer to be the crust or the toppings? Why?
- Let’s go with crust. Crust gets overlooked. It lets the toppings take the credit, but we all know that, without crust, it’s just a saucy mess!
- Share your favorite television program.
- I’m a big fan of “Modern Family.”
- Share something you aspire to do in 2014.
- One of my goals in 2014 is to become a Google Qualified Educator. (I know…nerdy!)
- What is one thing you don’t know how to do that you wish you could learn?
- I wish I could learn to memorize names and faces. I want to be that person that meets someone once, and remembers their name forever!
My Nominations to the Blogging Challenge
- Davis Wright – @dbacksbaseball6
- Conner Wright – @connerwright10
- Brett Stamm – @Bstamm00
- Josh Lucas – @joshlucasphx
- Eric Rath – @EricRath1
- Brad Tyler – @AimChanger
- Anthony Gilreath – @agilreath
- Kelly Christopherson – @kwhobbes
- Jenna Shaw – @Teachbaltshaw
- Melissa Emler – @melissaemler
- YOU – Yes, you….reading this blog….I nominate you, too!
My Questions for You
- Who is your role model?
- If you could have any career, what would it be (besides your current job)?
- iPhone or Android? Why?
- Tell about one of your proudest moments.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Who are three people (living or not) you would invite to dinner if you could?
- Describe your perfect vacation.
- What’s your favorite book? What’s it about?
- Share something you aspire to do in 2014.
- If you could choose a time period in which to live, what would it be?
- What motivates you?
And there you have it! I’m looking forward to reading some fantastic blogs! Here’s to an amazing 2014! I wish you nothing but incredible experiences, lots of laughs, and continued good heath! And GO RANGERS!